Call Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and tell her to reject the HSUS petition that threatens hunting on public lands! Call 202-208-3181 and email our pre-written letter
to voice your objection.
The future of hunting is under attack! Hornady® Manufacturing urges firearms owners, hunters and sportsmen to call Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and demand she reject a petition filed by the HSUS that seeks to ban hunting with traditional ammunition on public lands.
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), anti-hunting groups, and five individual sportsmen have teamed up to file a petition with the Interior Department demanding rules that ban hunting with traditional ammunition on public lands – more than 160 million acres of federal lands managed by the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. That’s one-fifth of the total land area in the United States.
Weighing in at a hefty 50 pages, this petition is rife with emotional statements based on fuzzy science, and fails to make the case that using traditional ammunition threatens wildlife or humans in such a way as to justify eliminating it altogether. It claims prohibiting lead ammunition should be an easy accomplishment since non-lead alternatives are available. But this is nothing more than a back-door way to ban hunting altogether, by making the sport of hunting in America cost prohibitive. Once the rules change with regard to traditional ammunition on public land, it opens the floodgates for over-reaching restrictions on hunting as a whole.
Tell Interior Secretary Sally Jewell how this petition falls short on reason and logic:
• It lacks sound science to support banning the traditional hunting ammunition used by hunters for centuries.
• It is another attempt by the HSUS to ban hunting altogether.
• The adverse impact of traditional ammunition upon wildlife has not been substantiated to the point of necessitating such a drastic move.
• There is no evidence that consuming game taken with traditional ammunition poses a human health risk to hunters and their families.
• Approving this ban would reduce the 11% excise taxes currently raised from the sale of traditional ammunition, which is used to support wildlife conservation. A ban of traditional ammunition would harm the very animals HSUS claims to protect.
CONTACT THE SECRETARY OF THE INTERIOR TODAY!
Here is a list of the groups filing this petition:
• Humane Society of the United States
• Fund for Animals
• Defenders of Wildlife
• Natural Resources Defense Council
• Wildlife Conservation Society
• International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
• National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association
• South Florida Wildlife Center
• Chocolay Raptor Center
• Upper Peninsula Environmental Coalition
• Northwood Alliance
• National Wolfwatcher Coalition
• Five individual sportsmen, including Judd Hanna, former California Fish and Game commissioner
The truth has been clearly revealed. HSUS and its ilk want to ban hunting altogether. Don’t let them succeed. Call your officials today:
Dept. of Interior Office of Communications: 202-208-6416
Dept. of Interior Executive Office: 202-208-3181
Interior Secretary Sally Jewell at 202-208-3181 orsubmit a letter
and demand the rejection of the HSUS petition.