The DDA’s mission is to oversee the revitalization and redevelopment of the central business districts and to develop and promote for the public good and general welfare, trade, commerce, industry and employment opportunities. The DDA is comprised of seven (7) members who are residents of the city, or own and operate a business within the city. Four of the members must have a specific economic interest in the downtown area. The members are appointed by the Mayor and Council and each serve 4-year terms. (Regular Meetings: 1 per month or as necessary)
Board of Directors
• Rocio Camacho, Insurance Agent & Tax Preparer with RCC & Associates
• Ron Castillo, Owner of Los Portales Sports Bar & Grill
• Robert “Rob” Beall, Market President for Hamilton State Bank (Vice Chairman)
• Vivian Thomas-Smith, CEO of TooLooPeas, Inc.
• Robin Buschman, Partner/Manager of Empson’s Deli & Café and Stockbridge City Councilperson (Secretary/Treasurer)
• Joseph Thomas “J.T.” Williams Jr. Consultant with Killearn Inc. (and developer of the roughly 3,500-acre Eagle’s Landing mixed-use golf community in Stockbridge and Eagle Brooke Country Club in Locust Grove) (Chairman)
Elizabeth "B.J." Mathis serves as the Executive Director of the Downtown Development Authority and can be reached at (770) 389-7900 x248.
Rhonda Blackmon is the records custodian and recording secretary for the Downtown Development Authority and can be reached at (770) 389-7900 x203.